Today you have a problem – a person or situation that does not work for you.
You feel overwhelmed.
Use my “AAA Formula” – Acceptance, Attitude and Action.
1. ACCEPT what is - the person or situation that is upsetting you. “I accept _______.”
2. Have an ATTITUDE of, “I take 100% responsibility for this relationship, situation”.
Not taking 100%? You are handing over control of your emotions to others.
You are saying, “THEY (or the situation) made me unhappy.”
Be aware: the person or situation did not make you unhappy.
You made yourself unhappy with your thinking about them, or the situation.
3. Take positive ACTION to resolve the situation:
Ask, “What is another, better possibility here?”
What is the best outcome?
Then act on what you can change.
Steps to re-frame and get back in control; AAA – Acceptance, Attitude and Action:
1. Accept the person, or the situation. It is what it is in this moment.
2. Attitude = 100% responsible = empowered: positive, taking actions and owning results.
3. Act positively. The person or situation will only change when YOU change.
Take the most powerful action, with a positive 100% attitude and own your results.
Now you are back in control.
This is your way out of overwhelm.
Paula’s leadership training transforms your company’s culture into a place that engages and retains top talent, saving you millions.
Her clients include Coca-Cola, Lowe’s, Microsoft, KPMG and Collins Aerospace. She can be reached at Paula@ClaimLeadership.com
Consultant – Transforming Teams
Call now: 704-906-8045, email: paula@ClaimLeadership.com or visit her website www.claimleadership.com
Result: 5 minutes of your time = a free interactive workshop to get the tools you and your team need now.